Mar 15, 2010

Movie Mondays!


One of the best movies I’ve seen in a long time! I’m not usually a fan of Will Ferrell, the obtuse dunce act in most of his films leaves me cold. Here though, he is perfectly cast as a hapless IRS auditor, a man who suddenly finds himself thrown out of step with the rigid box his life has become. Maggie Gyllenhaal exudes an earthy sexiness as the antagonistic baker Ferrell is obligated to audit while realizing his days may be numbered. Emma Thompson is the writer who may control Ferrell’s ultimate destiny and Dustin Hoffman is a literary professor to whom Ferrell turns for help in his predicament. The cast is rounded out by seasoned pros, Queen Latifah, Linda Hunt and Kristin Chenoweth. Truly it is one of the more enjoyable, quirky comedies I have seen in a long time and great fun too! You won’t be disappointed.

I’m repurposing content by taking my NetFlix reviews and posting them here on the blog. If I could figure out a way to do it, I’d post some kind of link for people to connect and make me their friend on the service. Unfortunately, it isn’t altogether clear how one would do that - so if you know a way, pass it along. In the meantime, I’ve got steady content for at least a year.

No comments: